I love experimenting with new desserts !! The combination of simple ingredients with a pop of colour really makes for an awesome sweet surprise ..
This Simple Strawberry Trifle, will definitely win your guests over and it is really simple to make too, bonus !!
- Pre made Cake/Sponge ~ I used a lemon roll cake
- Pre made Custard
- Double or Whipping Cream
- Fruit of your choice
- Mint and icing sugar to decorate
- Chop the pre-made cake/roll into slices and layer at the bottom of your dish, press together to form your first layer.
- Pour on the custard and smooth out with a spoon.
- Whisk the cream until it becomes smooth but not too thick, add on top of your custard .
- Layer with fruit, I chopped Strawberries in half length ways and places them around the edge, then filled the centre with kiwi fruit.
- Repeat these steps again ..
- I decorated with a sprig of mint
- When you are ready to serve gently sprinkle with icing sugar.
Serve and enjoy :)
Do you enjoy experimenting with desserts ?? Let me know your favourite recipes :)
Linking up @ Live Laugh Rowe