Tuesday 2 July 2013

More than just a piece of art ....

This is a post I have been waiting to share with you, ever since I purchased this original !! Artwork in Egypt !

Beautiful, right ??

I finally got round to hanging the canvas last night ;)

This beautiful artwork was hand painted by the super talented Ibrahim, who was based at the hotel we stayed in ...

This is my family, all 6 of us and the beach, pier and the lovely beach seats..

This painting, is more than just painting for me, every time I look at it, it takes me back, the heartfelt memories, the sun, the laughs, the togetherness... It represents the beauty of Egypt..

It's a constant source of inspiration.. I was so inspired how people made a living from their creativity, jewellery making, art in sand, painting and so on ..

One of my favourite things to was was to admire Ibrahim's art work the next morning.. And watching him paint was something else ..

I am so glad I made the decision to invest in one of his paintings, it was carried with love, through hand luggage all the way home.. The loving memories it reminds me of is worth every penny !

Here it is hanging proudly in my living room

 

No comments:

Post a Comment