Friday 20 December 2013

Feature Friday with Kaitlyn @ isavirtue


Today marks #2 in my mini series featuring bloggers and/or shop owner posts in hope to introduce some new "eye candy" and inspiration. Please join me to welcome Kaitlyn @isavirtue







What Inspires You ??

I am inspired by so many things! Colours, typography and artwork. When I don't visit a gallery for an extended period of time, I feel lackadaisical and uninspired. A day at a gallery can enliven me and reinvigorate me to continue creating.




Share an interesting fact about yourself :

I have ideaesthesia (also known as synaesthesia) so most of the time I don't really question the way I put text, colours and papers together. To me the letter "S" is red, and the month of "February" is green simply because it conceptually *feels* right to me. I craft the same way - I just do things because they feel right, and they make my heart at ease. 



List a few favourite past times : 

Crafting! My love of creating and handmade stationery was developed in my youth. As a young girl I was often of the mindset "Why buy it when you can make it!" (Which may also be interpreted as "I only get a dollar for allowance each week so I guess I'll have to make it!" I also began letter-writing at the tender age of nine. My best friend moved to the other side of the country so we wrote letters and decorated envelopes for each other. As you can tell, I'm still a fan of both of these past times today!



What's your favourite Movie ??

My favourite movie is the Thomas Crown Affair (newer version). It's sexy, intriguing, and depicts the story of a man who cleverly steals a valuable piece of artwork from a museum. It's one of those films you have to watch a few times in order to catch all the clues and subtle references. It features Renee Russo and Pierce Brosnan and at one point somebody may or may not throw an original Rembrandt painting in a fire!


What is your prized Possession ?
This is a difficult one. It always makes me think of the question "What would you grab if your house was on fire?" Well, my answer would probably be a bathrobe in order to cover up and keep warm. So instead I'll tell you about my favourite piece of art. It's called "Doll Un" and it's a shadow box fortune doll created by artist Lara Scarr using collage, embroidery, lace and paint. She has an innocent charm...until you look closer at the frightening imagery she is made up of.






What would you like to learn to do ??

I have taught myself so many techniques in the past year or two including book binding, knitting, embroidery, sewing and needle felting. But what I really want to learn is calligraphy. I did try once and was disappointed when I didn't immediately excel at it...so I'll have to revisit that at some point in the future!


Visit Kaitlyn here : 



Thank you Kaitlyn, for being part of this series :) (All images and products you can find in kaitlyns cute shop, stop by and check it out ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment