I am busy working on the girls Ramadan Gift Baskets , I wanted to make sure that they have enough activities to help keep them occupied, whilst helping them reflect on this blessed month.
So one of the items that I wanted to include was beads, so they could make their own prayer beads.
It was so much cheaper for me to buy a big box of beads and divide them in to 4 piles, rather than buying 4 individual packets, which lead me onto this quick DIY , re-usable favour/gift bags.
The great thing about these cotton bags is that they can easily be sewn for gifts and then re-used, the hardest part is choosing the fabric :)
- Ribbon, Ric Rac or Pom Poms
- Sewing Machine
- Cut your fabric ( I cut mine 6" x 14" but you can customise your size).
- Fold the fabric in half , right sides together
- iron, turn over the 6" edges iron to keep the fold in place , you could also pin .. This helps to create a neat finish to the tops.
- Add any trim across the 6" edge, sew in place
- Fold right sides together , pin in place
- sew down the two open sides
- turn right side out
- cut ribbon for the bow
- Add your treats :)
I added some tags on to each of the bags .... Cute
I hope that you enjoyed this quick DIY !! It is definetley an achievable "nap time" project ..